Sunday 13 September 2009

Staging a play of an unknown genre

ACT ONE - November
YOU: Let's go create our own comedy during the holidays!
ME: What are you talking about?!

ACT TWO - February
ME: You could channel the emotion into your acting.
YOU: I could

ACT THREE - May:
ME: I want our ending be light-hearted
YOU: Okay.

ACT FOUR - September:
YOU: You could write a play out of this
ME: Fuck it, why would I want to tell the whole world my story

ACT FOUR, Scene Two - September:

ME: (aside)If I ever wrote a play about us, the world would fall in love with our story, and I would fall back in love with our story and you and I would never get over you if seeing the moments reenacted on stage by actors saying the lines wrong, the beat off, the gaze too soft, the grasp not warm enough, the laughter not yours, I would never get over you if I had to replay moment by moment the beautiful anguish subject to an educated audience of theatregoers and fans who proceed to psychoanalyse and critique for Flying Inkpot, The Straits Times and talk about the misc en scene and the narrative structure and how it falls apart and I would never get over you.


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment